Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Project #3 C4T #1 and #2 Summary

This is a picture of a film scroll for an illustration about my blog post

Beth Knittle made a blog post on August 17, 2011 about "Where is the Learning?".  She begins to explain that in a Twitter feed, she read about someone thinking that if you watch, view, or are aware of something it causes a change in your behavior.  Boy, was that person wrong.  Yet that is still how some teachers are teaching their students.  She had a friend ask her to set up a program on her classroom computer so that they could watch video's on materials that she couldn't fit into her instruction.  The fact that the students had watched the film was enough to mark it off the list and say it had been done.  THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!  I responded back to her explaining that I feel the interaction between the teacher and the students is what allows them to learn and is very important to their success.  The discussions that come about can't be reached by a video.  The class will watch the video and when asked "What is your input on what you just saw?", there will be no answers because they were bored with learning it on their own.  I feel that she should make the time in her instruction to teach the material.  There has to be a way for it all to fit in.

On July 25, 2011, Beth Knittle writes her blog on what she says when people ask her what her profession is and her reaction to their comments.  Beth feels that students need to be treated like individuals.  She feels that she works with people helping them develop effective, efficient ways to access, organize, communicate, collaborate, create and share information.  I agree with her thoughts.  In my classroom, I will be teaching more that the basic subjects.  I will be teaching life long lessons.  I think Beth says it best when she says, " I teach people about learning".


No comments:

Post a Comment