Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blog #10

This is an image of an apple

In the video "Do you teach or do you educate?", I answered the question before I ever watched it.  My response was an educator because I want my students to look up to me as a mentor and and someone they trust and want to learn from.  After watching the video, I was right.  I want to have a relationship with my students that allows them to trust me, believe me, believe in me and want to come to school because I make learning fun. After watching this video, I have the same outcome to the question yet my feelings are somewhat deeper.  I think that we should all want to be educators.  Otherwise, burp back teaching will never go away.

After reading "Don't let them take the pencils home.", it makes me realize that teachers often focus to hard on the problem.  As teachers, we have got to focus on coming up with solutions that have the students best interests at hand.  I am always trying to find the positive in things.  I think this is a great characteristic for a teacher to have.  I feel that it is important for us to keep as positive of an environment as we can in the classroom.  It will more than likely contribute to higher test scores.  If not, it can't hurt them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashleigh!
    I think that you did a great job on your post!! I have not done my post yet and yours was very inspiring! I already have an idea of what to expect from the video! Thank you so much for your post I am sure you are doing a great job in EDM310!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...teachers often focus to hard on the problem...." to should be too


    You missed the metaphor. You are not the first. Additional Assignment: Read these three posts:

    1. Metaphors: What They Are and Why We Use Them

    In that post there is a Special Assignment. Do that assignment in a new post which is Additional Post #1. It does NOT substitute for Blog Post #14 as it did in the Spring semester.

    Due midnight Sunday November 20, 2011.

    2. Metaphor Discussion Update

    3. Jennifer Asked: Why Use Metaphors? Here is My Answer

    4. For more information also see:
    You Missed the Point! It's Not A Pencil…"

    ReplyDelete