Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog #13

this is a picture of a child playing on a computer.



For blog post #13, I chose to read the article out of the Wall Street Journal entitles "My teacher is an app." I chose this because it seems like an article that I can relate to after taking this class. After reading this article, I have been made aware of some interesting facts about Cyber Schooling. Schooling done strictly by internet has increased by 40% in the past 3 years. That shows that it is definitely going to be something of the future. While the enrollment is up, the test results are down. There is also a decrease in the cost which also causes a decrease in teaching jobs.

I am against the full cyber education. I think that the hybrid classes are a great idea. It gives the students the freedom to have online classes yet they must still prepare for class. I think that the students should meet at least once a week to make sure that everyone is up to speed and understand what is being taught to them. It is amazing that this is what our future in education could be.

1 comment:

  1. Ashleigh,

    This topic is very interesting and I think it will become more and more relevant as time goes on. How do you think virtual classes will affect human's ideas of promptness and planning? Does a virtual class teach good future career skills? All the statistics involved will certainly help us determine whether going fully cyber is good or bad. I am glad you took a firm opinion on this debate!

    ReplyDelete