Tuesday, November 29, 2011

C4K #3

This is a picture of a cartoon kid drawing the blogger B.
C4K #10
After looking at Ms. Yollis's 3rd grade blog page, I am amazed at how she involves so many people for her class to communicate with. Our class blog has over 48,000 visits and their blog only has more than 3,800. Even though they don't have the traffic on their blog, it is still amazing that they have hit that number for a school in California. I also think it is really neat that she has the different time zones of friends that they blog with in other parts of the world. There are also great links that explain how to take great pictures and how to leave good and proper comments. I can see that Ms. Yollis takes a lot of pride in her blog. She will only let the correct and well written blogs be posted for her students to read. I think that is great. If the students are able to read the incorrect grammar and spelling, they might feel susceptible to use it. I have high hopes of having a blog for my class and will have the same requirements for my blog posts as well. I think that everything she does for her students is great.

In the blog post I was assigned for Mrs. Yollis, the students had done a skype interview with Georgia. I think that it is great that the students are able to communicate with other students in another state or even in different parts of the world. I think that skype is a great tool and will definitely use it in my classroom.



C4K#11
Today I left a comment for Eleva, a sixth grader in Auckland New Zealand.  She posted about the Rugby World Cup.  She is a very descriptive writer.  She described what she saw and had a link up to watch what she described and the video was right on.  She is a great descriptive writer and obviously likes Rugby.  I don't know much about the sport but it looks like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment